I currently work as Research Staff Member at IBM Research (Zürich lab).
My research interests lie mainly in the intersection of formal logic and machine learning.
My current work focuses on reasoning, inference mechanisms, automated theorem proving, probabilistic logic, neural-symbolic methods, neural embeddings for logic, deep learning for standard reasoning systems, and reasoning for automated scientific discovery.
Moreover, I have worked on knowledge representation and extraction, natural language processing, preference representations (in logic, in probability theory, and using graphical models), reasoning over preferences, preference aggregation in a multi-agent context, voting rules (computational social choice), and kidney exchange algorithms.
Full CV - PDF
- Jul 2019 – present: Research Scientist at IBM Research – Zürich Research Center (Rüschlikon), Switzerland
- Oct 2017 – Jun 2019: Research Staff Member at IBM Research – T.J. Watson Research Center, New York, USA
- Jul 2016 – Oct 2017: Post-Doc at IBM Research – T.J.Watson Research Center, New York, USA
- Jan 2016 – Jun 2016: Post-Doc in Computer Science - University of Padua, Italy
- Jan 2013 – Mar 2016: PhD in Mathematics/Computer Science - University of Padua, Italy
- Oct 2010 – Oct 2012: Master’s degree in Mathematics - University of Padua, Italy
- Sep 2007 – Oct 2010: Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics - University of Udine, Italy
Full list of publications
- IBM email: cor AT zurich.ibm.com
- Personal email: corneliocristina AT gmail.com